Christine Foreman | Principal Investigator
Christine is Associate Dean of Student Success and Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and the Center for Biofilm Engineering. She has spent many seasons in Antarctica studying life in extreme conditions – connecting the very smallest organisms to the workings of our entire planet. In her spare time, Christine enjoys being outdoors, hiking, and fly-fishing with her friends and family.
Markus Dieser | Assistant Research Prof. & Lab Manager
Markus comes to us from Austria where he completed his Masters degree at the University of Innsbruck with Dr. Birgit Sattler. In 2009, he received his doctorate in our lab at Montana State University and went on to Post-Doc with Dr. Brent Christner at Louisiana State University. Markus returned to Bozeman in 2013.
Safiye Selen Ozcan | Graduate Student in Chemical Eng.
Selen is originally from Istanbul, Turkey. She has a dual Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, from MSU and Istanbul Technical University. She joined the lab in August 2016 to investigate a metal working fluid (MWF) management strategy for testing biofilm eradication.
Ben Trudgeon | Undergraduate Researcher in Civil Eng.
- Safiye “Selen” Ozcan | Service Engineer, Fluke Calibration.
- D’Andrilli, Juliana Ph.D. | Assistant Research Professor, Dept. Land Resources & Environmental Sciences, MSU.
- Smith, Heidi Ph.D. | Assistant Research Professor, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, MSU. Microscopy Director, Center for Biofilm Engineering, MSU.
- Tigges, Michelle Ph.D. | Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Minnesota State University-Moorhead.
- Benham, Amber | Control Systems Engineer, Anvil Corporation.
- Bermel, Emily | Graduate Student, Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota.
- Fisch, Laura | Graduate Student, UNC Chapel Hill Marine Sciences.
- Hultin, Emily | Process Engineer, Applied Materials.
- Mean, Emma | Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Nuhoğlu, Gulcin “Gigi” | Advanced Therapeutics and Nanomedicine at the University of Nottingham, Doctoral Program.
- Oeschger, Taylor | Graduate Student, Cornell School of Biomedical Engineering.
- Showers, Hanna | Quality Engineer, Vesta Company.
- Wee, Shu “Ying” | Graduate Student, Texas A&M Department of Oceanography.
- Williams, Mikalley “Kai” |Environmental Consultant, Environmental Resource Management, Frankfurt, Germany.