Christine Foreman | Principal Investigator
Christine is Associate Dean of Student Success and Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and the Center for Biofilm Engineering. She has spent many seasons in Antarctica studying life in extreme conditions – connecting the very smallest organisms to the workings of our entire planet. In her spare time, Christine enjoys being outdoors, hiking, and fly-fishing with her friends and family.
Markus Dieser | Assistant Research Prof. & Lab Manager
Markus comes to us from Austria where he completed his Masters degree at the University of Innsbruck with Dr. Birgit Sattler. In 2009, he received his doctorate in our lab at Montana State University and went on to Post-Doc with Dr. Brent Christner at Louisiana State University. Markus returned to Bozeman in 2013.
Madelyn Willis | Graduate Student in Ecology and Environmental Science
Madie studies microbial life in icy environments. She was a member of NASA’s 2021 HERA XXII Program and has been a member of several Arctic and Antarctic field teams.
Christy Teska |Undergraduate Researcher in Chemical Engineering
Aspen Burke | Undergraduate Researcher in Chemical Engineering
- Jack Pearson | Fulbright Scholar, Jordan.
- Bekah Anderson | Graduate Student UC Santa Barbara
- Mitch Messmer M.S. | Water Resrouce Engineer, CA Water Resource Board
- Quinton McCoy | Chemical Engineer, Meati Inc. Alternative Protein
- Benjamin Trudgeon | Civil Engineer, Confluence Consulting
- Safiye “Selen” Ozcan, M.S. | Engineer, Amazon.
- D’Andrilli, Juliana Ph.D. | Assistant Research Professor, Louisiana Universiteis Marine Consortium.
- Smith, Heidi Ph.D. | Assistant Research Professor, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, MSU. Microscopy Director, Center for Biofilm Engineering, MSU.
- Tigges, Michelle Ph.D. | Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Minnesota State University-Moorhead.
- Benham, Amber | Control Systems Engineer, Anvil Corporation.
- Bermel, Emily Ph.D. | Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota.
- Fisch, Laura | NSF GRFP Fellow, UNC Chapel Hill Marine Sciences.
- Hultin, Emily | Process Engineer, Applied Materials.
- Mean, Emma | Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Nuhoğlu, Gulcin “Gigi” | Advanced Therapeutics and Nanomedicine at the University of Nottingham, Doctoral Program.
- Oeschger, Taylor Ph.D. | Cornell School of Biomedical Engineering.
- Showers, Hanna | Engineer, Lubrizol.
- Wee, Shu “Ying” | Graduate Student, Texas A&M Department of Oceanography.
- Williams, Mikalley “Kai” |Environmental Consultant, Environmental Resource Management, Frankfurt, Germany.